Chapter 1

Chapter one is about web browser software. There are many different web browsers, each with their defining features, available for Internet users. Examples include Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge (formerly Internet Explorer), and Mozilla Firefox. Growing up, I mainly used Internet Explorer, and I became very familiar with that software. It wasn’t until around 2010 that I switched to Google Chrome and used that exclusively until recently, as I’ve been using Mozilla Firefox more these days. The reason for the switch is mainly because I do not trust Google with all of my data. The products they offer are “free” because our data is the commodity they seek to exploit.
              I found the sections on advanced web browser features to be helpful. I was already aware of features like extensions, bookmarks, and reading view, but I didn’t know Chrome could translate websites in other languages. After reading about this, I decided to try this out on the Noticias Univision website, and it worked very well. In sum, there wasn’t much new information here for me, but I enjoyed the chapter nonetheless.

< Previous | Appendix A | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 9 | 10 | Next >